|Program||Per Term||Per Annum|
|4 Year Old (15hr) 2019 fees||$360.00||$1440.00|
|3 Year Old (4hr) 2018 fees||$250.00||$1000.00|
In addition to the grant received from the State Government your fees contribute to the operational costs of the kindergarten Your fees are used to contribute to
- Staff salaries including relief staff salaries
- Kindergarten registration
- Educational equipment and equipment maintenance
- Cleaning supplies
- Staff training
The State Government provides a subsidy per child which contributes towards the cost of providing a kindergarten program for 4 year olds. The kindergarten is responsible for meeting all other costs over and above this. Fees are necessary because there is a shortfall between the level of government funding and the costs of operating a viable kindergarten program. There is no funding for 3 year old kindergarten.
In 2008 the committee has reviewed its Fee Structure in line with the new Fee Policy Requirements as released by the Department of Education & Early Childhood Development.
Glen Oak kindergarten has introduced one fee amount per program which covers the day to day operational expenses. The previous additional Fundraising and Incursion levies have been removed and incorporated within the total fee amount.
- The Incursion costs are incorporated within the Fee paid each term- no extra levy is charged. However if a "Special Event" is organized in response to emerging children's program interests then a small fee maybe charged to cover costs.
- Fundraising activities are voluntary, but families are invited to support these events as they arise. Monies raised from Fundraising are used for items as book upgrades and extra equipment purchases for example.
- Parents/Guardians are asked to participate in working bees and other maintenance activities as scheduled. The Kindergarten relies heavily on families support to keep it in "excellent running order".
- The kindergarten does provide the option to purchase a uniform of a windcheater, t-shirt and hat. These can be purchased at the kinder. These are not compulsory to purchase - however in line with the Sun Smart Policy all children must have a suitable hat (i.e. Legionnaire or Broad Brim) which they must wear in terms 1 and 4.
There are Fee subsidies available for the 4 year old program for eligible concession card holders.
There are also discounts for families with Triplets and Quadruplets. This does not apply to families with twins.
Child Care Benefit (CCB)
In 2008 Glen Oak Kindergarten became a Registered Care Provider with the Family Assistance Office (FAO). Families who meet the Family Assistance Office work/training/study test can claim the Child Care Benefit (CCB) for both 3 and 4 year old programs. The Child Care Benefit is claimed from the FAO directly after fees have been paid in full. A CCB receipt will be issued by the kindergarten at the end of each term, upon request by the family.
Fees and levies payable are collected by the Committee. An account is issued during the last 4 weeks of each term and is payable by the date specified, which is before the end of that term. Fees are payable one term in advance. Fees and/or levies apply irrespective of public holidays, sickness, holidays or other absences.